Green Tea, has an excellent role on our body and skin and while consumption of green tea impacts our body, application of it in the right form has multiple benefits on the body or skin. Green tea also contains a small amount of minerals along with medicinal benefits that show amazing results when applied on the skin. Drinking green tea or coffee on a regular basis is associated with a reduced risk of stroke.
Well, to get real and quick benefits of green tea on the skin care, you need to learn for which problem you are applying it for.
Here are 8 incredible Ways of Applying Green Tea on our skin.
1. Face Mask For Skin Lightening
Everyday use of Green tea in your beauty care regimen flushes out the toxins from skin, improving its elasticity that directly results in a glowing skin and brightening skin complexion.
- 2 green tea bags
- 2 teaspoons of raw honey
- 1 lemon juice
- First, prepare the green tea. You can drink the tea or preserve it for applying on the skin later.
- For preparing green tea face pack, you will only need the used green tea bags.
- From the green tea bags, scoop out the wet content.
- To the wet green tea bag content, add honey and lime juice.
- Mix the green tea, honey and lemon to a face pack and apply it all over the skin.
- After ten minutes, wash your skin with lukewarm water.
- This green tea face pack can be used once or twice a week.
2. Green Tea, Get Rid Of Stretch Marks
Green tea extends its medicinal benefits to stretch marks as well. The method to apply green tea on stretch marks is simple and the results show in a quick span.
- 2-5 used green tea bags
- Squeeze the used green tea bags to get rid of the extra liquid or fluid.
- Next, gently rub the green tea bags on your stretch mark-prone area to see a change within a few days of using this treatment.
- You can apply green tea up to 3 times in a day on your stretch marks.
3. Healer For Wounds & Cuts
If you have a baby cut, wound or wart on your skin, then here is how you can use green tea in your skin care routine.
- 100 grams of green tea
- 500 ml water
- Stir the green tea in water and let it test for 30 minutes in normal temperature.
- Strain the liquid to get the green tea liquid and store it in the refrigerator.
- Apply this chilled green tea liquid on your minor rashes, cuts, blemishes, acne or sun burns, whenever you want.
- Continuos application will heal your skin problem with green tea.
4. Anti-Ageing Benefits of Green Tea
When it comes to anti-ageing, then it is not about applying green tea on a particular area of your skin and you have to ensure that the benefits of green tea reach all over your body.
- Lukewarm water for the bath
- 4 green tea bags (for 1-liter water)
- In the lukewarm water you prepared for your bath, add the green tea bags and let them rest for 3-5 minutes.
- A good steam bath must be followed after this.
- It is better if you can do the green tea bath in a tub, or even by adding green tea in a bucket of water.
5. Skin Facial Pack For Skin Tightening
To use green tea for skin tightening and reducing the pore size, you have to make a green tea-based skin facial pack, which would also need sugar and cream.
- 2 tablespoons of green tea leaves
- 1 tablespoon of cream
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- First mix the cream and sugar. Once well mixed, add the green tea leaves.
- Your green tea face pack is ready to be used.
- You can use this before a bath or right after a bath.
- Coat it gently all over your skin, dry for up to 20 minutes and wash with cold water.
6. Benefits Of Green Tea With A Steam
Our skin always has a tough layer of dirt and pollutants, which is not easy to get rid of. Preparing and using a green tea steam can help here.
- 1 big bowl
- 3 green tea bags/2 tablespoons of dried loose green tea leaves
- 500 ml hot water
- 1 bath towel
- In the bowl, mix the hot water and green tea.
- Cover your head with a towel to make a tent and inhale the green tea steam.
- You can take the green tea steam for up to 10 minutes.
- If you think it is becoming heavy to breathe during the green tea steam session, then you can take upto 15 seconds break in between.
- Once done, first wipe your face with a clean wet wipe tissue and then pat dry to moisturize it.
- This green tea steam can also be prepared in a steamer.
Such that your skin problem is solved for good, in a completely safe and natural way.