Fresh blueberries are one of the most popular summer treats of all time and they are sweet, succulent, full of nutrients, and can be eaten freshly picked as well as incorporated into a variety of recipes. (Health Benefits Blue Berries).
Blueberries are fruits which can be consumed directly and some people prefer them in juices and they contain sugar, pectin, organic acids and of course Vitamin C.
Your body needs vitamin C for a healthy immunity, healthy gums, iron absorption, and even the production of collagen and blueberries also contain Vitamin K, E and A too.
According to a study presented at the 2009 Experimental Biology conference, a diet rich in blueberries lowers blood cholesterol levels while improving glucose control and insulin sensitivity, lowering the risk of subsequent heart disease and diabetes.
And when it comes to minerals, blueberries come with manganese and your bones need manganese and also, your body needs manganese to metabolize carbohydrate and protein.
These berries also contain fiber and the best thing about these berries is that they are rich in antioxidants and they protect your cells from damage and aging. Also, these berries reduce inflammation in your body.
Now, let us know about other Benefits of Blue Berries.
- They can help you maintain healthy cholesterol levels and protect your heart.
- If you are suffering from diarrhea, try to chew the leaves of blueberry and it can provide some relief.
- Blueberries can also minimize bladder inflammation when consumed in dry form.
- Though most of us don’t know, the extracts of blueberries are used in certain medicines which work for vision related issues.
- Blueberries Reduce DNA Damage, Which May Help Protect Against Ageing and Cancer.
- Blueberries Can Help Maintain Brain Function and Improve Memory.
- Anthocyanins in Blueberries Can Have Anti-Diabetic Effects.
Health Benefits of Blue Berries
You May Also Like:-