Finally Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 date is pretty much confirmed to be February 14 in India. Although it was initially speculated that Xiaomi will bring the Redmi 5 at its forthcoming event in the country, new information has revealed instead of the entry-level Redmi handset, the Chinese giant will launch the Redmi Note 5.
The Redmi Note 5 model has so far been spotted in some early leaks and recently received 3C certification in China.
It will be the successor of the Redmi Note 4 that is claimed to be the “top selling smartphone” in the Indian market in 2017.
The evidence of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 launch can be found from an event page on the Mi.com site.
Furthermore, the meta description of the event page reads, “Presenting the all rounder #GiveMe5.”
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Specifications
- Redmi Note 5 will come with a 5.99-inch full-HD+ (1080×2160 pixels) IPS LCD panel with an 18:9 aspect ratio.
- It is expected to come with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor
- And with paired with 3GB/ 4GB RAM and 32/ 64GB storage options.
- Further, the smartphone is rumoured to run MIUI 9 with Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Redmi Note 5 is also come with a 16-megapixel rear camera sensor and a 5-megapixel front camera sensor.
- Additionally, it could sport an 8-megapixel front camera sensor with 1080p video recording.
- The smartphone is also rumoured to include a 4100mAh battery.
- Lastly, some early renders show a fingerprint sensor on the back of the device.
Price and Availability Details
Price and availability details of the Redmi Note 5 are likely to be announced by Xiaomi at its February 14 event.
Nevertheless, the smartphone is already claimed to be available at a starting price of CNY 1,499 (approximately Rs. 15,400).
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Price and Specifications